Friday, June 25, 2010

What's the word?

faux pas (noun): an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation.

I found this word from a spam in my Inbox today.
Dear Shannon, 

Having worked with designers for a few years now, I would have assumed you understood, despite our vague suggestions otherwise, we do not welcome constructive criticism. I don't come downstairs and tell you how to send text messages, log onto Facebook and look out of the window. I am willing to overlook this faux pas due to you no doubt being preoccupied with thoughts of Missy attempting to make her way home across busy intersections or being trapped in a drain as it slowly fills with water. I spent three days down a well once but that was just for fun. 
I have amended and attached the poster as per your instructions. 

Regards, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment